Primary & Secondary
The Start Smart program is completely free.
Our Primary program is available to Australian Primary School students in Years 1 to 6 (6-12 year olds).
Yes. Start Smart visits over 200 rural and regional areas around Australia each year. Contact us to find out if we’ll be visiting your area soon.
Our facilitators bring all of their own equipment. The Primary School program require no additional set-up requirements.
The Start Smart Primary workshops are designed to be delivered in a classroom setting.
- To log in, simply go to https://startsmart.com.au/teachers/
- If you haven’t yet registered you’ll need to click the ‘SIGNUP’ button and fill in the form.
- Once at the Primary OR Secondary workshop page you can navigate to the individual lessons using the menu on the left.
- When on an individual lesson page, you should follow the simple on page instructions below.
- Download Lesson Teacher Guide
- Demo the lesson to familiarise yourself
- Start the lesson
- Once you’ve clicked the ‘START LESSON’ button, the workshop will load in a new window.
- When the lessons has loaded you can access the in-screen control panel by clicking on the small grey arrow. Use this panel to expand to full screen.
Yes, all of these functions are available on in the lesson Control Panel. Please note some of these functions are disabled during the interactive sections of the lessons to maximise student learning.
- Virtual Workshop has been designed to be run using in-class, interactive whiteboards and facilitated by classroom teachers.
- You’ll need to ensure that speakers are turned on and that you have Adobe Flash Player installed on all the computers running the lessons. The latest version of Adobe Flash player can be downloaded here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
- You will also require an internet connection.
Please make sure the download has completed before trying to open the document. If you have any further issues please contact us directly on email@example.com or on 1800 705 125.
We’re working on this! In the meantime, your browser should allow you to add Virtual Workshop to your trusted websites so you can bypass this message. Please contact us directly if you need further help doing this.
No! You can run these workshops as many times as you like with your class, whenever you like.
No, all teachers using the Virtual Workshop are required to register individually. This ensures that we’re able to provide high quality, personalised service to each individual accessing these resources.